Address: Berwick Street, Soho, London W1F 0PH
A fantastic attraction in the heart of London’s vibrant borough of Soho, Berwick Street Market offers a wide range of wares that visitors to the city might like to peruse.
With great street food and the chance for visitors to pick up a perfect memento of their time in the English capital, this is one attraction that is sure to draw in the crowds but be well worth the effort for all those that head along.
Great shopping opportunities on Berwick Street Market
With stallholders offering everything from fresh fruit and vegetables to designer fashions, household items, vinyl records and much more, Berwick Street Market is a great place for people to visit wishing for a true taste of a London outdoor market.
Dating back to the late 19th century, the market has been a fixture of the area for more than a century and continues to provide a wealth of top wares that locals and visitors alike are keen to get their hands on.
With a strong connection to the London music scene, Berwick Street Market could be the perfect place for lovers of classic vinyl to pick up rare and desirable additions to their collection. Meanwhile, high-quality attire and the latest fashions can also be picked up for a song.
Outstanding street food at Berwick Street Market
However, it is not just great shopping that attracts visitors from far and wide to Berwick Street Market, as some of the capital’s top street food vendors can also be found here.
Market stalls that visitors will not want to miss include Freebird Burritos, Jimmy’s Old School Rolls, Mr L Walsh, Savage Salads, Sub Cult and Tongue ‘n’ Cheek.
Other nearby attractions for Berwick Street Market visitors to enjoy
It is not just fantastic street food and retail therapy that draws visitors to this busy part of the English capital though, as the area around Berwick Street Market also offers a wealth of other great things to do and sights to see for guests.
Here are just some of the excellent attractions that the area has to offer:
- Apollo Theatre (0.1 miles, three minutes’ travel time on foot/via public transport)
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! London (0.2 miles, five minutes)
- The National Gallery (0.6 miles, eight minutes)
- Royal Academy of Arts (0.5 miles, eight minutes)
- The Royal Institution of Great Britain (0.5 miles, 11 minutes)
- London Transport Museum (0.7 miles, 11 minutes)
- Wigmore Hall (0.8 miles, 14 minutes)
- Clarence House (0.8 miles, 14 minutes)
- Horse Guards Parade (0.6 miles, 12 minutes)
- 10 Downing Street (0.9 miles, 13 minutes)
- Royal Opera House (0.7 miles, nine minutes)
- Somerset House (one mile, 16 minutes)
Parking for Berwick Street Market guests
Travellers planning to hire a car during their time in London will be pleased to learn that the area around Berwick Street Market offers a large selection of parking facilities, including:
- Brewer Street Car Park (0.1 miles, two minutes’ travel time on foot)
- Denman Street Car Park (0.2 miles, three minutes)
- Q-Park Chinatown (0.3 miles, six minutes)
- Shelton Street Car Park (0.5 miles, 11 minutes)
- Tolpuddle Street Car Park (0.6 miles, 12 minutes)
- Q-Park Trafalgar Square (0.5 miles, 12 minutes)
- Sanderson House NCP (0.4 miles, seven minutes)
- Cavendish Square Car Park (0.7 miles, 14 minutes)
- NCP Car Park London Grosvenor Hill (0.7 miles, 14 minutes)
- Arlington House Car Park (0.7 miles, 14 minutes)
Motorists planning journeys in the heart of London should remember that traffic volumes can be high throughout the day, especially during the morning and evening rush hours. It is therefore advisable for visitors to avoid taking to the roads at this time, while they should also pre-book parking spaces when possible.
Underground travel options for Berwick Street Market
For all those hoping to forego the stresses of driving in London, there is always the extensive London Underground network that offers swift and easy travel to all parts of the English capital.
Here are just some of the many local Underground stations that can be found in close proximity to Berwick Street Market:
- Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo and PIccadilly lines)
- Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines)
- Covent Garden (Piccadilly line)
- Charing Cross Underground (Bakerloo and Northern lines)
- Embankment (Bakerloo, Circle, District and Northern lines)
- Tottenham Court Road (Central and Northern lines)
- Oxford Circus (Bakerloo, Central and Victoria lines)
Visitors to Berwick Street Market can also make use of overground rail services from the nearby Charing Cross railway station, while full details of all public transport options for travellers in the area can be found by heading to the official website of Transport for London.