Queensway Market is one of London’s busiest and best-loved markets, attracting both local residents and tourists. An indoor market, it’s home to more than 100 independent traders, with stalls selling everything from household items and electrical goods right through to street food from around the world and tourist souvenirs.
The market is situated on Queensway itself, the main thoroughfare running through the heart of the Queensway district of Central London. The market can be found at 23-25 Queensway, London, W2 4QJ.
Queensway Market Opening Times
Queensway Market is open every day of the week.
From Monday through to Saturday, the market opens at 10am and closes late, at 10pm.
On Sundays, the market opens at 12noon and, again, stays open until 10pm.
Queensway Market Tube stations
Queensway Station (Central Line): 200 metres away
Bayswater Station (Circle and District Lines): 300 metres away
Queensway Market shops
Queensway is home to a wide variety of shops, which, along with the numerous restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the indoor market, help make this one the liveliest and most cosmopolitan parts of the Bayswater area of Central London. Shops in and directly around Queensway Market include
- Fentons Ice Cream: An independent ice cream parlour popular with tourists visiting nearby Hyde Park
- Queensway Computer Market: A specialist stockist of new and used laptop and desktop computer, also providing computer repair services
- Costcutter Oriental Supermarket: A supermarket specialising in foods and ingredients from Asia
- Queensway Food and Wine: A small grocery store, selling all the usual food and drink products
- Britain Souvenirs and Luggage: A bustling souvenir shop, also specialising in holiday luggage
- Holland and Barrett: Health food and supplements from a nationwide chain
Places to stay near Queensway Market
The Bayswater part of London is extremely popular with tourists, meaning there are plenty of good hotels found within easy walking distance of Queensway Market.
Below are some of the most popular hotels in this part of W2, as well as some of the best places to stay just a short distance away. The distance between each hotel and the entrance to Queensway Market is also given:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park (200 metres): Just a short stroll from the market, the Grand Royale Hyde Park offers guests a taste of Edwardian splendour and relaxation. The four-star hotel offers chic, contemporary rooms, all of them equipped with flat-screen TVs and all other facilities one might expect, including Wi-Fi and tea and coffee-making facilities. All rooms also offer air-conditioning and modernist rainfall showers, plus guests can also request a four-poster bed. As the name suggests, the Grand Royale Hyde Park hotel is just 100 metres from the famous Hyde Park, while also enjoying excellent connections into the West End.
- The Montcalm London Marble Arch (1.55 miles): A chic, contemporary five-star hotel set right on the doorstep of the bustling West End, the Montcalm London Marble Arch hotel is just a pleasant 15-minute walk from Queensway Market. All of the rooms on offer have been meticulously designed and offer all the latest technology. Suites come equipped with marble bathrooms and rainfall showers, and guests are able to make full use of a spa and fitness centre, as well as a pair of world-class restaurants. In addition to being within easy walking distance of Queensway Market, the hotel is also situated at one end of Oxford Street, plus it’s just a three-minute walk from the green expanses of Hyde Park.
- The Montcalm at The Brewery London City (4.3 miles): Located right next to the iconic Barbican Centre, this popular Montcalm hotel is houses in a former brewery dating all the way back to the 1750s. Alongside this sense of history, the hotel offers award-winning contemporary accommodation. All rooms come equipped with flat-screen TVs, free WiFi and 24-hour room service, and guests are treated to designer toiletries and even complimentary minibars. What’s more, guests checking into a suite are able to enjoy sleeping in a four-poster bed and having a butler waiting on them. Other amenities include an exercise room, sauna and steam room and a classic British restaurant. St Paul’s Cathedral is just a short stroll away, and Queensway Market can be reached by Tube in around 25 minutes.
- The Marble Arch by Montcalm London (1.54 miles): Famed for offering complete luxury in the heart of London’s West End, the Marble Arch by Montcalm hotel offers five-star boutique accommodation set within an historic townhouse. All of the rooms have been carefully designed to offer maximum comfort, with king size beds, magnificent bathrooms complete with full rain showers, and the very finest pillows and bed linen. Guests are able to make full use of the spas and restaurants located in the larger Montcalm hotel across the road. The hustle and bustle of Queensway Market is just a pleasant 15-minute walk away, while the shops of Oxford Street and the theatres of the West End can be found right on the doorstep.
- Park Grand Paddington Court Hotel (0.37 miles): Just a two-minute walk from the entrance to Queensway Market, the Park Grand Paddington offers four-star accommodation within easy distance of some of London’s best-loved sites. Hyde Park is just on the doorstep, while a stroll in the other direction will take guests to Kensington Palace and then Notting Hill. All of the rooms offer smart, modern accommodation, complete with all the usual amenities of a four-star establishment, in addition to a club room, gym and chic bar. Setting this apart from the crowd is the fact that its bright, contemporary restaurant specialises in Indian food as well as classic British dishes.
Queensway Market parking
Limited on-street parking is available on Queensway itself, with charges applying. Alternatively, an underground car park is also located on Queensway, right opposite the Computer Market, or even more spaces can be found at the Whiteley’s Shopping Centre, at the northern end of Queensway and just a short walk from the market itself.
Queensway Market stalls
Queensway Market is home to around 100 independent traders, with an eclectic mix of services and products on offer. What’s more, the businesses here are always changing, meaning almost every visit is unique. Some of the main stalls located inside the market include:
- American Nail Bar
- Solinghen Ware and Money Transfer
- FAM Picture Framing
- Hajj Travel Ltd
- Anna’s Hairdressers
- Naomi Blue (clothing)
- Russian DVDs
- Kensington Guards International Ltd
- La Docta, Meat and Wine Wholesalers
- Elias Mobile Master
- Persian Rugs
- Internet Cafe and Calling Shop