Address: Royal Oak station, Lord Hills Bridge, London, W2 6ET
Royal Oak station is part of the city’s popular and iconic London Underground network and, as such, offers a fantastic way for visitors to the city to enter the bustling district of the City of Westminster.
Operating daily from the early morning until past midnight, the London Tube network is one of the most impressive mass transit systems on the planet and an impressive feat of engineering.
It offers the chance for visitors to make their way both easily and swiftly around the many and disparate parts of the Greater London area, with Royal Oak station located on the Underground’s Circle and Hammersmith & City lines.
Facilities for travellers
Visitors to this busy station can make use of facilities including payphones, a full ticket office, help points for those wishing to plan any onward journeys and a waiting room. The station does not offer any WC facilities.
How to reach the station
Located at Lord Hills Bridge, south of Harrow Road and north of Porchester Road in the Bayswater area of the City of Westminster. The station can be reached from the rest of the London Underground network, as well as via several nearby bus routes – 18, 36 and N18.
For individuals planning journeys into London by car, the station can be reached by road, although travellers should be aware of the need to park away from the station and then make their way to the area on foot.
Local parking options
Travellers to Royal Oak station can make use of several nearby parking facilities, including:
- Arthur Court Car Park (0.2 miles, five minutes’ travel time on foot)
- Paddington Station Public Car Park (0.5 miles, ten minutes)
- Q-Park Queensway (0.6 miles, 12 minutes)
- Bayswater Road Car Park (0.8 miles, 17 minutes)
- Lancaster Gate Car Park (0.9 miles, 18 minutes)
Hotels near Royal Oak station
An array of excellent hospitality options are also available for visitors to the area, with some of the best examples being:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park, 1-9 Inverness Terrace (0.58 miles)
- Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, 52-56 Inverness Terrace (0.46 miles)
- London Premier Notting Hill, 5-7 Prince’s Square (0.49 miles)
- The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington, 55 Westbourne Terrace (0.53 miles)
- The Metropolis London Hyde Park, 78-84 Sussex Gardens (0.81 miles)
- Park Grand London Hyde Park, 78-82 Westbourne Terrace (0.81 miles)
And when it comes to outstanding attractions that London visitors will not want to miss, a wide variety of popular activities and must-see sights can be found in the vicinity of Royal Oak station:
- Kensington Palace (one mile, 20 minutes’ travel time on foot/via public transport)
- Kensington Gardens (0.8 miles, 16 minutes)
- The Sherlock Holmes Museum (1.6 miles, 11 minutes)
- Madame Tussauds London (1.6 miles, 11 minutes)
- Hyde Park (1.3 miles, 26 minutes)
- Natural History Museum (1.7 miles, 22 minutes)
- Buckingham Palace (2.7 miles, 28 minutes)