Train traveling can be a wonderful experience. It is fun for adults and kids alike and especially train travel in Europe is something everyone should experience. For those of you who haven’t yet had the opportunity of traveling by train, here are some of the important things to be considered taking with you on your journey.
1. Travel light. The trip may be long or short. But make it a point to travel light with bare minimum luggage. This gives you as well as your co-passengers a lot of convenience. Travel needs to ba a pleasure not pain.
2. If there are children in the family, then make a separate bag for children. This makes things easy for them while travelling when they require any of their clothes or any other things. Bifurcation is the best thing to do while travelling.
3. If the husband wife and children are travelling together, then preferably pack the husband and the spouse clothing in the same bag. This will help avoid taking an additional bag. Again remember that travelling light is always better. Compact packing helps lighten the travel.
4. Take some light snacks on the train. The objective is to avoid heavy packing while leaving home for food on the train. For those who desist any sort of external eateries, then pack something light from home, but not to that extent that one more bag is required.
5. Take some good books and magazines to read on the way. If the train journey is long and drawn out then you need some good companion all the way and what better companion than books and magazines. You have all the time in the world to catch up reading with some favorite books.
6. Ensure that you have your favorite I pod with you. While books are your companion, constant reading may be a little monotonous. Take occasional breaks with good music whatever your choice or taste may be. Together books and music shorten your journey.
7. A pocket tablet is fine for you to do some browsing, a little bit of urgent office work and read some important documents. You can also carry along your regular laptop, but if this is a heavyweight and means having a bigger bag or an additional bag, then think twice.
8. Snacks were mentioned earlier. Along with that carry some packets of toffees are other light chocolates. Packets which will fit into your pant pockets or in your wife’s handbag. Chocolates make you fell fresh and energetic in a stretched out journey.
9. Almost all trains give pillows; if you are comfortable with that then use them. If not make it a point to bring your own pillows. This may increase the burden of luggage. But then comfort always matters in a journey.
10. The same with bed sheets, if it is a overnight journey. An advantage is that bed sheets do not increase your luggage, as they are easily squeezed in the existing luggage.